Monday, December 6, 2010

Reverb 10 December 6

December has always been a time of looking back, reflecting on what was, and opening up to what is possible in the new year. This is why I find the winter solstice such an important celebration -- an opportunity to look at what we accomplished, what was good, what was not so good and then release that with the knowledge that we are capable of creating whatever we desire in the coming year.

I'm observing this time of year in two ways: I'm holding a Winter Solstice Celebration December 18, 4:30 - 6:30 and everyone is invited. We'll let go of the past and embrace the light of the future in a meaningful way. We'll eat and drink together to embrace the light of the longer days that will come.

And, I'm responding to daily prompts at a site devoted to reflecting on 2010 with daily questions. I'll be blogging about them and invite you to join me. Here's today's prompt:


December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)

The last thing I made was a stuffed pumpkin for dinner last night. I took two little sugar pumpkins, cut the 'hats' off them, cleaned them out and stuffed them with a combination of bread and cheese cubes, thyme, chard, bacon and cream! Yes, decadent I know, but very tasty. I served it with a rice that was a mixture of rices I had little dabs of -- some brown, some wild, some basmati. We ate 1/2 of our pumpkins so we have dinner for another night. They were very good and I loved smelling them as they baked. What I want to do is spend more time with my art journal. I haven't created in it for some time and I've been missing it and wanting to do that. I am committing to one night per week the rest of this month to play in my art journal

No comments:

Post a Comment